After the completion of TSC building, an office will be set up there with the permission of the university authority or an allotted room will be used as the office with the permission of the university authority.
- To bring all the computer expert and inexpert students of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University under a network.
- To make the students skilled by providing them adequate computer training according to their needs.
- To ease the use of computers in academic activities.
- To create a source of income for the students for their personal expenses.
- To make the students of SAU better equipped for the job market.
- To make the students aware of the misuses of technology.
A teacher from any of the departments of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University will be nominated as the moderator of the club. The moderator will serve for a term of 2 (two) years. That means a moderator will hold the post for two presidential terms. At the end of his term as moderator he will elect a new president and hand over his responsibilities to the new moderator. In special situations, the moderator, along with the consultant and the members of the advisory council, will advise and recommend for decision-making on the club’s activities.
A teacher from any of the departments of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University will act as the consultant. He, along with the moderator and the members of the advisory council, will provide directions to the effective committee for the actualization of the objectives and activities of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University Computer Club.
The former presidents of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University Computer Club will act as the members of the advisory council. He, along with the moderator and the consultant, will provide directions to the effective committee for the actualization of the objectives and activities of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University Computer Club.
The effective committee will consist of 15 (fifteen) members. The designation of the members are as follows:
- General Secretary
- Secretary (Finance & Office)
- Program Coordinator
- Training Coordinator-1
- Training Coordinator-2
- Secretary (Technology & Technical)
- Secretary (Outreach)
- Secretary (Internal Communication)
- Secretary (External Communication)
- Executive Member – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Formation of effective committee:
The effective committee will serve for a term of 1 (one) year. The leaving president will take into consideration the training ability, other activities and personality of the members and announce the effective committee for the next 1 (one) year with the written permission of the moderator and the consultant.
Proceedings of the effective committee:
- President: He will be the chairman of the effective committee. He will preside over the general meetings and emergency meetings. He will utilize his merit and hard work to accelerate the activities of the computer club. He will be ever vigilant to achieve the objectives of the club. He will consult with the General Secretary and other members of the club and take decisions on how to conduct all the activities of the club.
- General Secretary: He will consult with the President in order to take decisions and implement them on how to conduct all the activities of the club. He will arrange a general meeting every 2 (two) months. He will also arrange emergency meetings by consulting with the President. Besides, he will conduct all the activities of the club in absence of the President. He may consult with the other members in this regard.
- Finance and Office Secretary: He will implement all the transaction and finance related activities according to the advice of the President and General Secretary. He will keep records of all the financial accounts and files.
- Training Coordinator: He will implement all the decisions regarding training related activities such as trainee registration, trainer selection, preparing class schedule etc. according to the advice of the President and the General Secretary.
- Program Coordinator: In order to arrange programs both inside and outside of the university and the club’s own programs he will implement the decisions according to the advice of the President and the General Secretary. He will also help the Training Coordinators in the club’s training activities.
- Technology and Technical Secretary: He will implement all the technical and technology related decisions according to the advice of the President and the General Secretary.
- Publicity Secretary: He will promote the activities of the computer club around the Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University campus. If needed he will retain publicity of the club by adopting special means. He will be in charge of all the publicity and promotion, notice and circular publication etc. He will decide on his activities by the decision of the effective committee.
- Internal Communication Secretary: He will help the Publicity Secretary with the internal publicity and promotion activities within the Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University campus.
- External communication Secretary: He will help the Publicity Secretary with the external publicity and promotion activities outside of the Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University campus.
- Member: The general members will help the other members of the effective committee with all the activities of the club.
Cancellation of appointment:
- If the President/General Secretary is punishable by the law of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh or the code of conduct of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University, then the moderator’s judicial power will be established over him/them. By applying this judicial power his/their terms can be cancelled without showing any prior notice.
- By accusing the President/General Secretary of money embezzlement, neglect of duty, mar the good reputation of the computer club he/they can be faced with trial. If the accusations are proven he/they will be punished according to the penal code of the computer club. If he/they are punished twice in a row, the moderator can cancel his/their terms.
- If any member of the effective committee is involved in any anti-national, anti-campus or unsocial activities and is punished by the state court or SAU syndicate then the President can rescind his term without any show cause notice.
- If any member of the effective committee breaks any clause of the contract signed at the beginning of taking his post in the committee then the President can issue a show cause notice once. If the President does not get a satisfactory answer then he can rescind the member’s term.
Procedure of meeting:
General meeting: To evaluate the progress of the club and to formulate plans for future activities, the General Secretary will arrange a general meeting every 2 (two) months. The moderator and other members of the club are to be notified at least one prior to the meeting via letters. According to the decision of the general meeting, the date for the next committee election may be announced.
Emergency meeting: Due to emergency needs of the club the President/General Secretary may arrange an emergency meeting within a day’s notice. Decisions may be taken on new appointments, and cancellation of appointments etc.
Solutions for ambiguity:
If there is any ambiguity in any of the club’s activities even after referring to the constitution, then the ambiguity may be removed by consulting with the moderator.
Any student of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University can become a member of the club by collecting and filling out a membership registration form for a fee of Tk. 30 only (non-refundable).
Any student interested in becoming a trainer and skilled in the topics included in the computer courses of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University can apply to become a trainer by collecting and filling out a trainer application form for a fee of Tk. 50 only (non-refundable). Training Coordinator and elector panel will judge the skill of the applicant and may appoint him as trainer.
Any student of Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University can participate in the training programs arranged by the club by collecting and filling out a trainee registration form for a small fee.